Ditton Wine & Spirits is the trading name of the company Ditton Wine Traders Ltd (“us”, “we”, or “our”) and we operate the website: www.dittonwineandspirits.com.
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information (data) we receive from users of our website. We use your Personal Information only for providing, marketing and improving the website. By using the website, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
1 What data do we collect?
Without limitation, any of the following Data may be collected by this Website from time to time:
- date of birth;
- contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests;
- financial information such as credit / debit card numbers;
- IP address (automatically collected);
- web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- operating system (automatically collected);
- a list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on this Website, and the site you exit to (automatically collected
2 How do we collect your data?
You provide Ditton Wine & Spirits with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register/sign-up online for our newsletter or promotional mailers or place an order for our products or services online;
- If you enter a competition on our website;
- Voluntarily complete a Ditton Wine & Spirits customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email;
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies;
- Engage with our social media platforms;
- We may also, like many website operators, collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our website (“Log Data”);
- This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
- In addition, we may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyze this. This information may be used for remarketing purposes.
3 How will we use your data?
Our company collects your data so that we can:
- Process your orders or manage your account with Ditton Wine & Spirits;
- Email or Text/SMS you with special offers on other products and services we think you might like;
- Contact you by Email or Text/SMS to inform you of any prizes you may have won;
- Email, Text/SMS you with information about our company as well as any educational information pertaining to our industry, our services or our products;
- Ditton Wine & Spirits does not share your data with any third parties. We may share your data with credit reference agencies when processing your orders to prevent fraudulent transactions/purchases.
4 How do we store your data?
We are committed to protecting the security of your personal data. We store data in a number of places depending on our requirements to access and use it. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal data from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. For example, we store the personal data you provide on cloud based or computer systems that have limited access and are in controlled facilities. When there is a need to transmit data over the internet, it is protected by encryption and or passwords. Where possible, we avoid storing paper records of personal data.The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
5 Marketing Communications Consent
Our company would like to send you information about our products and services that we think you might like. If you have agreed to receive marketing communications from Ditton Wine & Spirits, all our communications (Emails, Text/SMS) will provide the option to unsubscribe or Opt-out at any time.
6 What are your data protection rights?
Ditton Wine & Spirits would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user of our website is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data. Ditton Wine & Spirits may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Ditton Wine & Spirits correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that Ditton Wine & Spirits complete information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Ditton Wine & Spirits erase your personal information, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Ditton Wine & Spirits transfer the data we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal Data held by Dittonwineandspirits.com (where such data is held) on payment of a small fee which will not exceed £10. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, all requests are to be submitted to Ditton Wine & Spirits via email to the address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
7 What are Cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our website, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology. For further information on cookies, visit https://www.allaboutcookies.org/
There are a number of different cookies, however, our website uses the following cookies:
- Functionality – Ditton Wine & Spirits use these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember any of your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used;
- Google Analytics cookies – We utilise these cookies to help us to improve our website by collecting and reporting information on how you use our website. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify anyone.
- Necessary cookies – enable core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility. You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions.
- Advertising – Ditton Wine & Spirits uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device and your IP address. We may also use this online data collected through these cookies for our remarketing purposes or to share with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website or social media platforms, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
9 How to manage Cookies?
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and https://www.allaboutcookies.org/ tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
10 Privacy policies of other websites
The Ditton Wine & Spirits website may contain links to other websites. This Policy applies only to the actions of Ditton Wine & Spirits and Users with respect to this Website. It does not extend to any websites that can be accessed from this Website including, but not limited to, any links we may provide to social media websites.
12 Changes of Business Ownership and Control
Ditton Wine Traders Ltd may, from time to time, expand or reduce our business and this may involve the sale and/or the transfer of control of all or part of Dittonwineandspirits.com. Data provided by Users will, where it is relevant to any part of our business so transferred, be transferred along with that part and the new owner or newly controlling party will, under the terms of this Policy, be permitted to use the Data for the purposes for which it was originally supplied to us.
In the event that any Data submitted by Users is to be transferred in such a manner, you will be contacted in advance and informed of the changes.
13 How to contact us
Telephone: +44 (0)20 833 99 112
14 How to contact the appropriate authorities
The ICO is the UK’s independent body set up to uphold information rights. You can access their contact information here: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/