The 2017 La Grande Rue has a deep, introspective bouquet, offering more black fruit than red; touches of oyster shell and seaweed percolate through with time. The palate is where the quality shines through, in the filigreed tannins and the wonderful sense of symmetry. Fresh as a daisy without compromising intensity, especially on the pixelated finish, which seems to go on forever. Brilliant. This far exceeded my expectations. Tasted blind at the Burgfest 2017 tasting.
Anticipated maturity: 2027-2065
Domaine François Lamarche
Area under vines: 11 hectares
Soils: Clay and Limestone
Average of the Vineyards : 40 years
Production: 60 000 bottles a year
Ageing: in oak barrels from 14 to 18 months
Domaine Type: Grower
Grand Cru Vineyard Holdings:
- La Grande Rue Grand Cru: 1ha 65a
- Clos de Vougeot Grand Cru: 1 ha 35a
- Grands Echezeaux : 30 a 07 ca
- Echezeaux Grand Cru : 1 ha 35a
Premiers Cru Vineyard Holdings:
- Vosne-Romanée 1er Cru La Croix Rameau : 21a 05ca
- Vosne-Romanée 1er Cru Les Malconsorts: 50 a
- Vosne-Romanée 1er Cru Les Chaumes: 56 a 04ca
- Vosne-Romanée 1er Cru Les Suchots : 58 a 11ca
- Nuits-saint-Georges 1er Cru Les Cras : 37 a 72 ca
Learn more about Domaine François Lamarche
Price excluding Duty & VAT (in bond) - This price excludes UK duty and VAT and is available to customers storing in a UK bonded warehouse or where goods are sold for export outside of the UK.
Price including Duty & VAT - This price includes UK duty and VAT which are chargeable on all orders for UK domestic delivery.
Price excluding VAT (Duty Paid) – Price available for export outside of the UK only.
Price including VAT – list price is inclusive of VAT for UK domestic delivery.
Delivery will be charged separately at checkout.